Glasscubes Limited ("we", “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and personal data.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Glasscubes Limited, 96 High Street, Burnham, Buckinghamshire, SL1 7JT.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Kevin Senior.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering with www.glasscubes.com (“Our Site”), or requesting services or information from us.
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. We may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
- Information that you provide to us by completing surveys or participating in competitions. We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to Our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- Information obtained by us from third parties in accordance with the Act.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason and like most websites, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve Our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us via email or Our Site is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Glasscubes Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations, such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention, credit risk reduction and to pursue debtors.
- If we use a third party to host the servers on which your personal information is stored.
- To group companies.
- In any other manner mentioned elsewhere in this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time at Glasscubes Limited, 96 High Street, Burnham, Buckinghamshire SL1 7JT or email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access certain information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.